Formats: 12-hour virtual course | 3-day instructor-led onsite
During this interactive 3-day leadership series, we will teach you how to lead your team to improved Adversity Intelligence (AQ), Cultural Intelligence (CQ) and Emotional Intelligence (EQ). With real-world application and activities, you learn tools and techniques to lead a diverse, resilient and emotionally smart and productive team.
Learning Objectives »
- Develop a working knowledge of Emotional Intelligence.
- Apply EQ competencies and strategies.
- Identify strategies for developing Cultural Intelligence.
- Create a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Develop and enhance Adversity Intelligence.
- Apply techniques to improve AQ competence.
Course Agenda »
Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Defining Emotional Intelligence
- The Nature of Emotional Intelligence
- EQ’s Positive Impact on Business
- Benefits of EQ
- EQ Skills
- Resolving Conflict
- The STEP Model
- EQ Competencies and Strategies
- Motivating Yourself
- Developing Interpersonal Expertise
- The Roots of Empathy
- Helping Others Help Themselves
- Curriculum for Emotional Wisdom
Cultural Intelligence (CQ)
- The Nature and Origin of Cultural Bias
- Benefits of CQ
- CQ Competencies
- Steps to becoming Color Brave
- Contact Hypothesis
- CQ Model
- CQ Drive
- Unconscious Bias
- Overcoming Stereotypes
- Cultural Value Orientations
- Hofstede’s Cultural Dimensions
- Improving CQ
- Mapping Differences to Work Preferences
- Creating a Culture of Inclusion
- Developing a CQ Development Plan
- Holding Yourself Accountable
Adversity Intelligence (AQ)
- Understanding the Adversity Quotient
- Dimensions of AQ
- Patterns of Behavior
- Deserters, Sanctuaries and Strivers
- The 3 Ps of Overcoming Adversity
- Focusing on What Can Be Controlled
- Techniques to Improve AQ
- Strengthening your CORE
- Exercising Optimism
- Dealing with Change
- Handling Stress
- Managing Emotions and Balance
- Mental Resilience and Adaptability
- Defusing Anger
- Alpha Functioning