Formats: 4-hour virtual course | 1-day instructor-led onsite
As organizations continue to grow and evolve, hiring managers are focusing more and more on inclusive and equitable processes. During this course, we will teach you how to create an inclusive and equitable interview process and how to counter bias in your interviews with fair and welcoming questions. You will learn to think through the details of your interview process to achieve your recruiting goals and create more diverse, welcoming, and successful organizations.
Learning Objectives »
- Create inclusive and equitable interview experiences.
- Avoid and overcome bias in interviews.
- Develop fair questions for all candidates.
- Promote a sense of belonging when interviewing.
- Apply processes to various types of interviews.
Course Agenda »
Planning for Inclusive Hiring
- Planning for Inclusive Hiring
- Unconscious Bias
- Types of Unconscious Bias
- Behaviors that Trigger Bias
- Tackling Unconscious Bias
- Inclusive and Equitable Job Descriptions
- Words to Use and Avoid
- Best Practices for Developing Questions
- 10 Common Interview Questions
- More Great Questions
- Questions that Assess Commitment to DEI
Interviewing Best Practices
- Narrowing the Pool of Candidates
- Virtual Interviews
- Inclusive Video Interviews
- Inclusive In-Person Interviews
- Your Interview Team
- Panel Interviews
Selection and Follow Up
- Bias in Self Assessments
- Equitable Evaluation Criteria
- Sample Interviewing Rubric
- When You Don’t Choose Them…
- Committing to Improve Your Process
- Inclusive and Equitable Hiring