Formats: 4-hour virtual course | 1-day instructor-led onsite
This course develops the skills to manage interpersonal relationships and mediate potential conflicts. Managers and supervisors in this course will learn how to approach conflicts from an unbiased standpoint and arrive at the best conclusion possible. You will learn how to address possible conflicts at their source and build a resilient and respectful working relationship
Learning Objectives »
- Mediate conflict more effectively.
- Recognize qualities of successful mediators.
- Deescalate conflict.
- Know how to surface the underlying issues in a conflict.
- Respond to resistance in order to move forward.
- Avoid inappropriate mediation.
- Apply successful mediation techniques.
- Learn how to mediate in the moment.
Course Agenda »
- Understanding Mediation
- Principles and Benefits of Mediation
- Challenges of Mediation
- Basic Structure of a Mediation Process
- Characteristics of Successful Mediators
- Assessing Conflict
- Setting up a Mediation
- Leading the Conversation
- Framing Issues for Constructive Discussion
- Applying Mediation Techniques
- Managing Emotions
- Brainstorming Possible Solutions
- Building Agreement
- The 5-minute Mediator