Formats: 12-hour virtual course | 3-day instructor-led onsite
This course is designed to improve the ability of senior managers to make and execute strategic decisions. We will teach you decision processes and executive strategy that addresses leadership challenges facing senior managers in today’s global marketplace. You will learn to make data-driven decisions and promote a culture of execution.
Learning Objectives »
- Consider the impacts of organizational and.
environmental factors on decision-making.
- Apply ethical principles to decision-making.
- Mitigate the effects of cognitive biases and heuristics.
- Resolve interpersonal barriers and improve dynamics.
- Apply the steps of the decision-making process.
- Successfully implement decisions in your organization.
- Present decisions to executives, stakeholders, and
regulators in a decision briefing.
Course Agenda »
Culture and Environment
- Review of Decision-Making Model
- Challenging Complacency
- Safety Culture
- Deciding how to Decide
- RAPID Decision-Making Roles
- Vroom Yetton Model
- Ethics in Decision-Making
- Interpersonal Dynamics
- Mitigating Group Think
- Decision Phase Framing/Reframing
- Matrix Causal Tools
- Defining the Goal
- Decision-Making Phase
- Generate options
- Analyzing Information and Options
- Criterion-based Analysis
- Weighted Model
- Paired Comparisons
- Decision Tree Analysis
- Regression Analysis
- Putting Strategy into Action
- Planning-Monitoring-Controlling Cycle