Formats: 4-hour virtual course | 1-day instructor-led onsite
A hybrid work environment is a flexible work structure where some employees work virtually and other team members work from a central location or office. Hybrid team structures often allow employees to decide whether they prefer an office environment or working from anywhere remotely, but working in a team blended with both can be challenging. In this course, we will teach you how to communicate effectively, maintain relationships, and work successfully in a hybrid team environment. You will learn to overcome the obstacles of working together as a blended work group and build a high-performance hybrid team.
Learning Objectives »
- Apply best practices for building trust in blended teams.
- Explore dynamics of working in a hybrid environment.
- Successfully communicate in a hybrid environment.
- Utilize email and IM etiquette.
- Identify communication and technology tools.
- Avoid and overcome common obstacles.
- Develop a code of conduct for hybrid teams.
Course Agenda »
Hybrid Work Environments
- The New Normal
- Office vs Virtual Environments
- Mental and Physical Tolls
- Hybrid Team Dynamics
- Hybrid Values
- Creating Rules
- Performance Expectations
- Characteristics of High-Performance Team
- Building a Team Culture
- Success Habits
Communication in a Hybrid Team
- In-person vs. Virtual Communication
- Blended Communication Tools
- Collaboration and Sharing
- Best Way to Communicate
- Nonverbal Communication
- Technology Criteria
- Common Tech Issues and Solutions
- IM and Email Etiquette
- Managing Your Email
- What Everyone Wants
- Being Authentic in a Hybrid Environment
- Empathy and Commonality
- Building Trust
- Managing Change
- Avoiding Conflict
- Code of Conduct