Formats: 4-hour virtual course | 1-day instructor-led onsite
At a time of globalization and increasing cross-cultural contacts, intercultural competence is an essential skill for today’s workforce. We will teach you the fundamentals of cross-cultural communication and help you improve your own intercultural competence. You will apply proven strategies and practical techniques for communicating successfully with people across diverse cultural backgrounds.
Learning Objectives »
- Define intercultural communication.
- Identify the benefits of intercultural skills.
- Discuss what can hinder intercultural
- Develop cultural values.
- Communicate in different cultures.
- Implement strategies to improve intercultural
Course Agenda »
Defining Intercultural Communication
- Definitions of Culture
- Characteristics of Culture
- The Cultural Iceberg
- Intercultural Competence
- Intercultural Communication Benefits
- Intercultural Communication Obstacles
- Cultural Diversity
- The Culture Clash
- Culture Shock
- Stereotypes and Prejudices
Cultural Values and Communication
- Intercultural Assessment
- Non-verbal Behaviors
- Verbal Behaviors
- Value Dimensions
- Cultural Clusters
- Improving Cultural Communication
- Actions and Attitudes
- Action Plan