Formats: 4-hour virtual course | 1-day instructor-led onsite
This interactive course raises awareness from a leadership perspective of how perceptions, beliefs and values impact workplace interactions, relationships, and performance. You will learn how to promote diversity, equity and inclusion and how to build a respectful and inclusive team that functions at a high level.
Learning Objectives »
- Understand the challenges for Inclusion.
- Promote inclusiveness as a positive behavior.
- Encourage diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Develop a focus on behavior, attitudes and values.
- Breakdown stereotypes and overcome bias.
- Resolve conflict and build trust.
- Develop a code of conduct for employee behavior.
Course Agenda »
Challenges for Inclusion
- What is Harassment?
- Stereotypes and Prejudice
- Conscious and Unconscious Bias
- Perception and Bias
- Victim Blaming
- EEO Laws
- Cycle of Synergy
- Equal Opportunity vs. Mutual Respect
- Ladder of Inference
- Breaking Down Stereotypes
- Overcoming Unconscious Bias
- Cultural Differences
- Appreciating Common Heritage
- Gender Diversity
- Generational Diversity
- Disability Diversity
- The Drawbridge
Fostering Long-Term Respect
- Your Role in Enhancing DEI
- Holding Yourself Accountable
- Conflict Resolution
- Building Positive Relationships
- Building and Maintaining Trust
- Code of Conduct