Formats: 4-hour virtual course | 1-day instructor-led onsite
Adversity intelligence (AQ) is a gauge of how you deal with stress and crisis. But as a leader, you not only face your own adversities, but also help your team face theirs too. The more resilient you and your team are, the more constructively and effectively you can respond to, and work through, difficulties. This course aims to provide a framework for leaders to understand what AQ is and how one can enhance it for yourself and your employees.
Learning Objectives »
- Appreciate the benefits of achieving a higher AQ.
- Apply leadership techniques to improve AQ.
- Employ strategies to overcome challenges.
- Build and manage resilience as a leader.
- Develop a positive, proactive mindset for your team.
- Become a champion of change.
- Build new habits and manage workplace challenges.
Course Agenda »
- Understanding the Adversity Quotient
- Benefits of Improved AQ
- Differentiating the Intelligences
- Patterns of Behavior
- Dimensions of AQ
- Deserters, Sanctuarians and Strivers
- The 3 Ps of Overcoming Adversity
- Focusing on What Can Be Controlled
- Techniques to Improve AQ
- Strengthening your CORE
- Exercising Optimism
- Dealing with Change
- Handling Stress
- Managing Emotions and Balance
- Mental Resilience and Adaptability
- Defusing Anger
Leading Others to High AQ
- Alpha Functioning
- Key Questions and Follow Ups
- How to LEAD Others to Higher AQ
- Benefits of LEADing Others
- The High AQ Organization
- Steps to Improve Organizational AQ