Formats: 8-hour virtual course | 2-day instructor-led onsite
This course is designed for students who already have foundational knowledge and skills in Excel and who wish to perform robust and advanced data and statistical analysis with Microsoft Excel. You will use tools such as Power Pivot and the Data Analysis ToolPak to analyze and visualize data and insights.
Learning Objectives »
- Perform data analysis fundamentals.
- Visualize data with Excel.
- Analyze data with formulas, functions & PivotTables.
- Present visual insights with dashboards in Excel.
- Create geospatial visualization with Excel.
- Perform statistical analysis and transform data.
- Model and analyze data with Power Pivot.
Course Agenda »
Data Analysis Fundamentals
- Introduction to Data Science
- Create and Modify Tables
- Sort and Filter Data
Visualizing Data with Excel
- Visualize Data with Charts
- Modify and Format Charts
- Best Practices in Chart Design
Analyzing with Formulas & Functions
- Formulas and Named Ranges
- Data Validation, Forms, and Controls
- Conditional Visualizations with Lookup
Analyzing Data with PivotTables
- Create a PivotTable
- Analyze PivotTable Data
Visual Insights with Dashboards
- Visualize Data with PivotCharts
- Filter Data Using Slicers and Timelines
- Create a Dashboard in Excel
Creating Geospatial Visualizations
- Create Map Charts in Excel
- Customize Map Charts in Excel
Performing Statistical Analysis
- Visualize Trendlines and Sparklines
- Analyze Data with the Data Analysis ToolPak
Getting and Transforming Data
- Connect to Data with Queries
- Clean and Combine Data
- Shape and Transform Data
Modeling & Analyzing with Power Pivot
- Install Power Pivot in Excel
- Create Data Models with Power Pivot
- Create Power Pivots
- Advanced Data Analysis and Visualization
Presenting Insights with Reports
- Plan a Report
- Create a Report