Formats: 40-hour virtual course | 10-day instructor-led onsite
Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) are the leadership skills designated by the Office of Personnel Management required for entering the Senior Executive Service (SES). This expansive 5-part leadership program provides the foundation of ECQ skills needed on the pathway to SES.
Learning Objectives »
- Manage strategic change to meet organizational goals.
- Establish an organizational vision.
- Implement vision, mission, and goals.
- Create an inclusive workplace.
- Facilitate teamwork and conflict resolution.
- Meet organizational goals and customer expectations.
- Make decisions that produce high-quality results.
- Manage human, financial, and information resources.
- Build coalitions internally and organizations.
Course Agenda »
ECQ 1: Leading Change
- Creativity and Innovation
- External Awareness
- Strategic Thinking
ECQ 2: Leading People
- Conflict Management
- Leveraging Diversity
- Developing Others
- Team Building
ECQ 3: Results Driven
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Technical Credibility
ECQ 4: Business Acumen
- Financial Management
- Human Capital Management
- Technology Management
ECQ 5: Building Coalitions
- Political Savvy