Formats: 4-hour virtual course | 1-day instructor-led onsite
Today’s modern employees are increasingly specialized to have the most impact, but with a focused skill set and educational background, they lose out on a deeper understanding of how organizations operate as a whole. We will teach you the fundamental aspects of business acumen and how to gear performance around organizational goals.
Learning Objectives »
- Identify the essential elements of business.
- Understand what creates growth and why.
- Discuss mission, vision and strategic goals.
- Learn how functions or departments of the business work together and impact each other.
- Identify customer life-cycles.
- Create a strategy for increasing business acumen.
Course Agenda »
Key Dimensions of Business Acumen
- Seeing the big picture of business
- Mission, vision and strategic goals
- Influencing others
- Collaborating, Managing, and Leading
- Managing up and across
Leveraging Process to Get Work Done
- Processes contribute and goal attainment
- Processes interconnectivity
- Analyzing and improving processes
- Identifying and solving problems
Product and Service Knowledge
- Customers and customer needs
- Showing how products solve problems
- Positioning products
- Conducting a make-vs-buy analysis
- Understanding financial statements
- Applying essential budgeting techniques
- Analyzing a P&L
Strategy and Performance
- Strategy and strategic thinking
- Identifying strategic opportunities
- Achieving results
- Utilizing tracking metrics
- Financial and strategic impacts of decisions
- Developing a professional action plan