Formats: 4-hour virtual course | 1-day instructor-led onsite
Inter-departmental collaboration is increasingly important In today’s business environment. In this introductory course, we will teach you a collaborative style that works by influencing others through trust, communication, mutual respect, and by setting a shared vision. You will learn how to develop your collaboration abilities, increase innovation, solve problems, and increase engagement efficiency, both for the company and for your career.
Learning Objectives »
- Appreciate what it means to work collaboratively.
- Implement skills needed for collaborative working.
- Develop a collaborative environment at work.
- Adapt virtual collaboration skills.
- Develop a collaboration skills action plan.
Course Agenda »
What is Collaboration?
- An Example of Collaboration at Work
- Team Definition and Characteristics
- Team Diversity
- Collaboration vs Cooperation
- Types of Collaboration
- Benefits of Collaboration
Effective Collaboration Skills
- The Collaboration Building
- Collaboration Bricks
- Essential Collaboration Skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- The Johari Window
- Effective Listening
- How to Bridge the Introvert-Extrovert Ga
- Time Management Matrix
- Survival in the Arctic
- How to Improve Your Collaboration Skills
Developing a Collaborative Environment
- Layers of Organizational Collaboration
- Developing Organizational Collaboration
- Collaborative Leadership Characteristics
- Challenges of Virtual Collaboration
- Virtual Collaboration Tools
- Dealing with Communication Challenges
- Virtual Communication Best-Practices
Your Collaboration Skills Plan
- Developing an Action Plan
- Creating Your Collaboration Skills Plan