Formats: 4-hour virtual course | 1-day instructor-led onsite
We come across difficult people every day. These may be our co-workers, people we manage, our boss, or family members and friends outside of work. This course will teach you how to cope with difficult people and create a supportive working environment. Learn how to keep a positive attitude and be productive while dealing with the difficult people in our lives, particularly in the workplace, and how to reverse the effects difficult people can have on our performance at work.
Learning Objectives »
- Identify types of difficult people and behaviors.
- Apply strategies to deal with difficult behaviors.
- Reflect on our own attitudes and behaviors.
- Use techniques for dealing with difficult people.
- Create a positive work environment.
Course Agenda »
Difficult Behaviors and Intent
- Exploring Difficult Behavior Traits
- Difficult People versus Difficult Situations – What’s the Difference?
- The Typical Intentions of Difficult People
- Explore The Different Behavior Types of Difficult People
Dealing with Difficult Behaviors
- Why You Must Deal with Difficult People
- How to Respond – Do’s and Don’ts
- Staying Calm During Difficult Situations
- Focusing on Behavior
- Active Listening
Reflecting on your Own Behaviors
- How to Reframe Your Attitude
- Taking Personal Accountability
- Engaging in Self-Reflection