Formats: 4-hour virtual course | 1-day instructor-led onsite
Being able to delegate effectively is a key skill for managers and supervisors. Delegating allows managers to save time and focus on the tasks that only they can do. It also creates an opportunity for team members to develop new skills. We will teach you how to to delegate effectively, with an eye on their employee development and empowerment. You will learn how to properly assign tasks, communicate effectively, and hold your staff accountable, without the problems that can arise from poor delegation techniques.
Learning Objectives »
- Define effective delegation.
- Discuss the benefits and barriers of delegation.
- Properly assign and communicate tasks.
- Apply proven steps for effective delegation.
- Discuss how to cope with delegation difficulties.
Course Agenda »
What is Effective Delegation?
- Defining Delegation
- Top Qualities of a Superb Delegator
- Levels of Delegation
- Elements of Delegation
Benefits and Barriers
- Benefits of Delegation
- Barriers to Delegation
Steps for Effective Delegation
- Reflective Thinking
- Steps for Effective Delegation
- Delegation Planning Worksheet
- Delegation Challenges