Formats: 4-hour virtual course | 1-day instructor-led onsite
Your resume is the first thing that a potential employer sees about you, so it is vital that you grab that employer’s attention. We will teach you how to write your resume so you stand out from the crowd. You will learn proven techniques and strategies designed to spotlight your strengths, skills, and experience and make your prospective employer want to interview you.
Learning Objectives »
- Discuss what a resume is and its purpose.
- Plan and write an effective resume.
- Identify different types of resumes.
- Know which type to use and when to use it.
- Write an effective cover letter.
- Apply techniques for grabbing the reader’s attention.
Course Agenda »
What Makes a Resume Effective?
- Understanding a Resume
- Purpose of a Resume
- CV vs. Resume
- Resume Types
- Multimedia and Online Presence
Writing an Effective Resume
- Resume Examples
- Reasons Resumes Get Screened Out
- Setting Your Career Target
- Look to the Future
- Research and Keywords
- Tips for a Targeted Resume
- Identifying Relevant Skills and Experience
- STAR Method
- Choosing Sections to Include
- Profile Objectives
- Work History
- Additional Information
- Things to Leave Out
- Choosing a Format
- Proofreading and Refining
Writing an Effective Cover Letter
- Purpose and Content
- Structure and Draft
- Things to Remember